Los Angeles, CA | Full Time (Updated June 23rd, 2017).
WE’RE HIRING! At Living on One, we’re building a more equitable and sustainable world through films and storytelling. We’ve made short and feature documentaries, digital series, virtual reality films, curriculums, and interactive web experiences, that are designed to change lives.
If you want to be a part of a creative and fast-growing company, and get to interact daily with people like Rosa and Raouf, check out the description below. It’s hard to think of a time when independent media has ever been more important.
MARKETING & BRANDING
- Design and develop a cross-platform digital marketing and social media strategy to convey Living on One’s (L1’s) story and impact
- Collaborate with L1’s Marketing and Social Media Coordinator(s) to implement strategy across website, blog, newsletter, social media, advertisements, VIP emails, press releases, pitch decks, and emerging platforms.
- Proactively interpret trends and analytics to improve performance
- Work closely with co-founders, Chris and Zach, to develop a cohesive strategy for L1’s overall brand
- Identify and execute strategic partnerships to increase awareness, revenue, and positive impact from L1’s brand.
- Includes increasing sales of L1 feature films, paid speaking opportunities, product sponsorship offers, sales of merchandise, important networks, and award recognitions
- Provide creative feedback on future films and materials
DEVELOPMENT & DONOR RELATIONS
- Create fundraising strategy for Living on One (L1’s) films and impact campaigns
- Develop an organized donor management system
- Update and maintain all donor information
- Communicate impact to key supporters and donors
- Create donor and grant materials, including, but not limited to newsletters, blogs, designed impact reports, and budget proposals
- Enforce clear brand communication and impact reporting to existing supporters, partners, and donors
- Expand Living on One’s network across newsletter and social media
- Expand Living on One’s base of active donors
- Increase awareness, revenue, and impact of L1’s brand through strategic digital marketing, advertising, partnerships, screenings outreach, and speaking opportunities.
- Love of authentic storytelling, with a desire to move people through film
- 4-7 years of career experience in digital marketing or communications
- Strong aesthetic design sense and familiarity with Adobe Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Vigilant attention to detail and commitment to producing top quality content
- Relentless desire to problem solve and build community
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take initiative without much oversight
- Has managed a small team of direct reports and vendors
- CRM experience with Constant Contact or similar systems
- Editing experience and proficiency with Adobe Premiere
- Expertise with MailChimp and WordPress
- Previous grant writing success
- Spanish proficiency or fluency
- Dogs not only welcome, but encouraged
This position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. We are a wage transparent company and happy to discuss openly.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a brief cover letter of why you’d like to join us, your resume, salary requirements, one writing sample, and one designed marketing/fundraising material sample to Team@LivingonOne.org. Please include your full name and the position you’re applying for in the email subject line. We can’t wait to hear from you! All applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
ABOUT LIVING ON ONE:
From living in a Syrian refugee camp to diving into the financial lives of the extreme poor, we’ve spent the past seven years focused on some of the world’s most critical issues.
Our work at Living on One has been honored with the 2016 Muslim Public Affairs Council Media Award and has been featured in major publications including The Atlantic, Variety, and the Wall Street Journal.
Our feature documentaries, Living on One Dollar & Salam Neighbor, are available globally on Netflix and Amazon, and have raised over a million dollars for programs to help disenfranchised communities. Most recently, we collaborated with Google and the U.N. to create an interactive web experience about Syrian refugees that was featured on Google’s homepage and reached over 5 million people during its first two weeks.
The next chapter for Living on One will bring us closer to home. Can’t wait to share more!
Living on One is a fiscally sponsored 501(c)3.