ABOUT LIVING ON ONE:
At Living on One, we’re building a more equitable and sustainable world through films and storytelling. We’ve made short and feature documentaries (Living on One Dollar, Salam Neighbor), digital series, virtual reality films, curriculums, and interactive web experiences that are designed to change lives. We’re also committed making a long-term positive change and run several impact campaigns that have raised $91M for poverty alleviation, opened a school in rural Guatemala, and helped connect volunteers to refugees here in the U.S.
Living on One is seeking a summer intern to work closely with the entire team to support our mission and develop new content for our audience. This will be a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in social content creation, documentary production, film marketing, non-profit campaigns and partnership building.
The position is unpaid, but we encourage applicants to seek funding from their schools. Must be located in Los Angeles area and willing to work from our office in Atwater Village regularly, with some remote work acceptable as needed. Flexible days and hours, with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Strong and professional communication skills
- Experience reading and summarizing news — monitoring topics on global issues
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms
- Willing to pitch in on a wide range of projects as needed
- Love of film and storytelling
- Bonus Skills:
- Experience with Adobe premiere and video editing
- Experience with camera and lighting set up
- Spanish fluency
- Assist with social outreach/engagement
- Research subjects for new social media videos
- Research partners for distributing social videos and form relationships
- Monitor news for relevant subjects to engage with or address
- Search for any mentions online of films
- Leading on content development for Teacher Facebook group
- Tracking merchandise sales on Shopify and promoting new T-shirt line
- Outreach to schools, conferences and organizations to facilitate content partnerships, screenings, and talks by Chris & Zach.
- Help analyze website
- Reviewing archival footage for good scenes
- Footage transcription as needed
- Assist in the production of local shoots
- Coordinate shoot logistics and travel
Please send résumé and cover letter to Jenna@livingonone.org